Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 1: What Makes You Happy

Play your day back in your mind, just like watching a video.  What do you like about your day? Think of three things that went well today, it could be that you made a new friend at school, you received a good grade on your homework, your soccer coach gave you a compliment on your efforts today at practice, your pet came up to you when you got home and gave you love, or your mom had your favorite snack waiting in the kitchen for you when you got home.  It can be anything that makes you smile when you think about it.  Get your journal and pencil out and write down the three things that went well or made you happy about today.  After you have written down the three things, go back and read them again, you can read them out loud or quietly in your mind, whatever you like.  Think to yourself, what makes you happy about these three things?  Is it because you worked hard and someone complimented you on your efforts? Is it because you were nice or smiled at someone that you now have as a new friend? Is it because someone loves you and knows what will make you happy when you get home?  Next to the line of what went well or makes you happy, write something positive about yourself. It could be, “I am smart”, “I worked hard”, “I am good at sports”, “I am kind”, or “I am loved”.  Read the line once again and say the positive comment after it.  Remember that you are the reason that these things bring you happiness.
Before you go to sleep tonight, lie in your bed and say the positive comments out loud one more time, so you can fall asleep thinking about happy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment